Follow Us On Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Watch us on YouTube
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)

Zarpor: Direction

What's up everyone! I'm writing up this post to inform you on a few new developments we've decided on behind the scenes, our thought processes behind such things and where we plan to take the server.

Server Direction

We sat down last week and had a long discussion among ourselves in regards to what kind of server we want to create and the direction we want to take in regards of updates and the economy. We considered many options including reverting back to a 317 client to prevent crashing issues that only stem from 718 clients but ultimately decided dedicating our time to our current project would be best.

In regards to what kind of server we want to make, we threw about a couple of possible ideas but settled on the following; we want to provide a server that has all of the classic RS pre-eoc content readily available and accessible to players. Beyond this, we will create our own NEW content that serves as end-game content going beyond normal RS thresholds. For example, we'll make it so that accessing Nex and killing it isn't an impossibility as well as refining all of our current content that isn't currently rewarding (think along the lines of dead mini-games such as Castle Wars.. we will strive to provide incentive to do such things).

Naturally, people come to an RSPS to be able to access content quicker than they would be able to on RS itself. We feel that currently we don't fully satisfy this demand and have a lot of areas we can improve on in order to give a true RSPS feel (drop rates, ability to make quick cash).

When we achieve this, we will shift the direction of our updates to creating new, fresh content that we feel users will enjoy and said content will be developed with the mindset that it would fit the theme and natural progression Runescape content should take (think new bosses beyond Nex with new interesting mechanics and difficulties). We will continue to fix any issues that arise, of course.

Donator Shop

As you may have seen already, we released an update that drastically lowered Donator Shop prices. We spent a while discussing this and our thought process was that a lot of things were not being purchased so their prices should be lowered. Somewhere along the line Matt and I seemed to think higher prices = successful server but that kind of thinking was limiting what we could offer and I'm glad we realized this. We are aware this change has impacted all previous purchases and we would love to provide some form of compensation but unfortunately It's not as simple as just handing out ZP. We'll continue to discuss this with our donators to find an acceptable middle ground.

Just wanted to let you all know what's going on and a few reasons behind some recent changes. We will continue to poll content we are unsure about and we as always appreciate everyone single one of you for being part of our server.

2. Thanks Splash, zer0pvm, vanity, Saiyan, Vin Diesel, PotatoCheese thanked for this post

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    *Insert generic angry comment here*

On a real note, Thanks for taking time to put this here. Keeping the players updated with whats going on behind the scenes is an important matter, and a step in the right direction <3
    Last edited by Splash; 01-22-2018 at 01:05 AM.
    Zarpor l 718 l The perfect mix of old & new.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    ok thats nice m8, and thanks for thinking about us donators

Pirate King!
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    I feel like now should be the time for fixing a lot of the small bugs that have piled up in game before releasing new stuffs, as enticing as that sounds.

Spoiler Spoiler:

6. Thanks Suckitlosers, PotatoCheese, Jordan thanked for this post

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    I feel like now should be the time for fixing a lot of the small bugs that have piled up in game before releasing new stuffs, as enticing as that sounds.
    You're not wrong cap'n. We'll be working on ironing out the existing bugs, hopefully fixing most of them by the end of Jan!

8. Thanks Winter thanked for this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    it is nice to see you guys addressing the current situation of the server. Keep it up!

Spoiler Spoiler:

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Thanks for actually letting us know what's going on and what the direction of the server is going to be. Very nice to be informed about what's being planned and what's coming in the future. Looking forward to the "middle ground" talk with donors.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    Much yes.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    I was hoping for a brodda to show me da wey, but I'll take this too.
    Great job on the level of transparancy! Keep it going, the community will do it's job in supporting you guys!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
    I was hoping for a brodda to show me da wey, but I'll take this too.
    Great job on the level of transparancy! Keep it going, the community will do it's job in supporting you guys!
    *Clack Clack Clack*
    Zarpor l 718 l The perfect mix of old & new.

14. Thanks Vincent thanked for this post

Thread Information